Youth, grades 4-13 (one year after high school), join a “standard” 4-H club, where they focus on one or more 4-H projects. Members participate in hands-on learning activities, as well as business meetings and competitive, or evaluative, events and activities.
Cloverbud members, Grades K-3, participate in age-appropriate learning activities in a club but explore a variety of project areas. The focus for Cloverbud members is on fun, active, hands-on learning. The 4-H Cloverbud program is a non-competitive program with no judging or evaluation.
Wood Dilks Scholarship
THE GOALS FOR 4-H MEMBERS. . .
The goals of Atlantic County’s 4-H Youth Development Program are for youth to develop:
Children possessing these life skills are less likely to have problems with drug use, school failure, delinquency, and depression later in life.
- Social interaction skills (getting along with others)
- Decision-making skills
- Learning skills (learn how to learn)
- Master physical skills
Atlantic County 4-H members have opportunities to enter contests, participate in local, state, and national competitions and conferences, get involved on advisory councils, and receive scholarships.
Members are responsible for re-enrolling themselves at the beginning of each project year. Once your information is in the system, you will just have to click on a few buttons and agree to Code of Conduct each year.
On-line re-enrollment opens September1st and is through http://nj.4honline.com. Families without internet access may re-enroll using the alternative paper-based enrollment process. For assistance contact the county 4-H Office at 625.0056 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Re-Enrollment Quick Tips (current families/members and volunteers)
- Re-Enrollment Detailed Instructions (current families/members and volunteers)
- Enrollment (new families/members and volunteers)
- Steps for New Families Setting Up Profiles in NJ.4HOnline (new families)
- Club Leaders
- Club Management – Confirming Members
- Youth Training/Re-Certification Course (for volunteers)